Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten is in full swing....but my camera is dead

So, I'm sorry I don't have any other pictures from Sydnee's first day of Kindergarten....it's a good thing I took that picture of her on Friday when she went to meet her teacher. My camera died today.... :( I had a few problems using it yesterday, and thought it was a fluke....then was able to take pictures of Max this morning...but now, while it seems fully functional, there's nothing but a black screen and it takes nothing but black pictures. (If anyone's reading this and has an idea what's wrong with it, let me know.) No...it does not have the lense cover on.....though that's what it seems like.

Anyway, Mom is going to let me borrow her camera for a little while since I really need it for eBaying and really want to take pictures since I just committed myself to blogging. In the past 2 weeks, we've had to pay to have our 100 yr old gigantic oak tree cut down, buy a chain saw to help get it out of our neighbor's yard, replace the dehumidifier in our basement, and have our vacuum cleaner serviced. What timing to have my camera bite the dust.....go figure.

Anyway, Sydnee and I started a journal today to document some memorable things from her first day of Kindergarten. I thought I'd share what she shared with us today about her experience. Here is what she and I composed together.

Monday, August 25th, 2008 - Today was Sydnee's first day of Kindergarten. The bus picked her up around 8:10am and took her to school.

The first thing she did was eat breakfast, which was cereal, milk, and peaches....but she didn't eat the peaches. She followed the arrows printed on her milk carton and figured out all by herself how to open it.

Sydnee's favorite thing she did today was laying down for nap time after lunch. She loved the new bath towel that she picked at the store that she uses for a blanket. Some new things she did today were eating (breakfast and lunch) at school and participating in music class, where she learned a song that said, "How do you to today?"

Kids she saw at school that she already knew were Rachel Mae, Lexi (her 3rd cousin), and Amy (an aquintance who happens to be in her class).

The nicest people she spent time with today were Amy and Aylah (not sure how to spell that 2nd name???).

The hardest thing she did today was "nothing - nothing was hard." There was nothing that she did not like!

Sydnee really likes Mrs. Mitchell (her teacher) because she is really nice and cute.

The person she missed most while away today was Daddy.

Her bus ride home was long (didn't get home til 4:45pm - won't be the norm) and boring.

Tomorrow we will pack a sketch pad and pencils, so she'll be able to draw to pass the time.

Something interesting that happened today was that her teacher sorted her class into groups according to their shoe style. Sydnee reported that there were 7 with tie laces, 4 with velcro (including herself), and 1 with slip-ons. That adds up to only 12, but Sydnee says Mrs. Mitchell says there are 17 in her class, and Sydnee believes there were a few absent from the room while they did that activity.....I guess we'll see.

Tomorrow, Sydnee is looking forward mostly to eating a cheeseburger for lunch and laying down with her towel for nap time.

No comments: